Monument à Georges Trouillot
Mediator - Xavier Douroux
Supporters - Fondation de France, Association Comité Georges Trouillot
Plainoiseau, Franche Comté, 2005
The Georges Trouillot Committee (a collective of associations) wanted to commission a contemporary artist to create a monument in homage to Georges Trouillot, a former member of parliament from the Jura. Georges Trouillot is a pro-active figure of the Third Republic. In 1901, he was at the origin of the law on associations, among other things. Initiated on the occasion of the centenary of this law, the celebration project led to the commissioning of a sculpture for the place of the native village, staging in the public and democratic space the individual and collective stakes of this associative contract. This monument will symbolize the Freedom of Association and will be erected on the Plainoiseau Town Hall square (Jura department).
The sculpture was made of glass and fibre optics for the exhibition Pour de vrai at the Nancy Museum of Fine Arts in 2005.